Last night I bit the marker pen and uploaded two sets of small greetings cards to my Etsy shop, Artwyrd.
Each set has ten cards featuring a coloured flower/mandala design stored in a small, custom made box along with matching envelopes.
The flower/mandala designs I drew myself in Autodesk Sketchbook Pro on my Microsoft Surface book. I printed out multiple copies of the designs and then used my Chameleon Markers and Copic Markers to colour them. Distress Ink was used to add colour around the designs.
The next step was to create colour mats for the designs; I used my marker pens to colour some Centaura Pearl card.
Before mounting them on the 3″ x 3″ (7.5cm x 7.5cm) card blanks, I embellished the designs with dots of metallic and pearlescent acrylic paint, as well as adding coloured gems.
Of course the cards sparkle!
The boxes are made from cardstock with the lids decorated with designer series paper; the colour ways chosen are complementary to the colours of the cards. I also used Distress Inks to distress the edges and corners of the boxes. I’ve yet to embellish the boxes.
These are my fifth and sixth attempts at making the boxes. I had to purchasing a new paper cutter that’s more accurate than the one I had been using. I had used a template for a box that would take ten 3″ x 3″ cards, but wasn’t big enough for the envelopes. So, I also had to work out and adjust the measurements needed for the base and lid so that the envelopes would fit in the box! Frustrating, especially as maths isn’t my strong point …but I got there in the end.
I do have a couple of jobs to do to the cards/boxes; the boxes need some embellishment, and I need to add makers labels to them too.
The boxes will be nice for other things once the cards are used up – the lids are a snug fit.
All of the designs I have stored and may, in the fullness of time, put them together as a pack of digi-stamps so people can use them to create their own cards!