It’s Sunday, so that means it must be #fundaySunday #Sundayfunday.
This was my bit of fun for the day. I created a background using Distress Inks, a mini-blending tool and a stencil.
After scanning it into my Microsoft Surface Book, I imported it into AutodeskSketchbook Pro and started to draw entangled patterns on the top of it.
It was just an experiment to see how it worked out, including the use of colour gradient fills for the entangled patterns.
I think it worked out ok. I think there’s some more things I’d like to try out using this method; scanning backgrounds and then working on them digitally opens a new world of possibilities for me, as well as keeping me playing with more traditional media. I do love the mix of the old with the new.
Of course, drawing on my Surface with the Surface pen is a lot like drawing with pen and ink on paper but with more possibilities…
I’ve just finished this drawing; the first zendoodle/zentagle type drawing I’ve done in a while. I enjoyed drawing it – drawing always is an enjoyment.
I’ve temporarily coloured the background; I will be colouring it in ‘properly’ as time goes along.
Materials used :
I have scanned it in and cleaned the image up and created a transparent file I can work on digitally.
Today’s entangled image. Drawn using a Sakura Micron PN pen on bristol board. A little less than A4 (Letter) in size.
I finished this today. Sakura Pigma PN pen in blue on A4 dot grid paper.
Note to self – use a dark coloured pen, not blue, on dot grid paper otherwise it’s going to be a nightmare to remove all the little dots on the drawing!
Lots of drawing done over the past three or so days and I haven’t had a chance to upload these.
The set of four are approx. 4″ square and the paper has been coloured with distress inks.
The bigger one is drawn on ombre paper for ‘scrapbookers’. The central image is 6″ square. It was a bit of a ‘mare to draw; the paper isn’t absorbent and the ink takes ages to dry, which means smudging was a bit of a problem, but I’ve managed to mostly disguise it with patterns. I need to dry different pens on this paper, as I do like the colours. If I can’t find a way to draw on it, then I’ll be using it to mount other artwork on and in mixed media and card making endeavours.
Yes, it did seem a good idea at the time! It could be back to colouring all my own paper again ….
Just finished drawing this and assembling it.
I drew and edited the construction lines in Serif’s Affinity Designer. I then opened the saved file in Autodesk Sketchbook Pro on my Microsoft Surface Book and created layers, including a mask as the top layer. Then I doodled. Printed out two copies. Cut one out, scored and folded along the grey construction lines, then assembled using Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue.
Assembly was a bit of a ‘mare, and it wasn’t helped by me not scoring and folding a couple of lines, but when put together, it kind of works. Even where the edges aren’t likely to marry up nicely, the still seem to work.
One thing I will need to remember to do on the next one is to go round the cut edges with a black marker of some kind which will help those edges to blend in a bit more. Maybe.
I do rather like the heavy black lines on this one, and coloured in they’d look like stained glass!
No numbers, so it’d not really work as a d20 (20 sided die), but coloured in that maybe possible with a key of some kind.
All good fun stuff!
Yes, I am being busy with arty crafty stuff today … and it’s not ended yet as I had some soft polymer lino in the post the other day and I haven’t tried carving that yet!