Mixed media index cards – 3 June 2016

AngelaPorter_3June2017_MixedMediaIndexCard1

Two more index card done!

I drew the fungi then coloured them with the Chameleon Color Tones and Color Tops pens.  Cogs have appeared in the background once again – gotta have a lil bit of steampunkishness!

I’ve used 3D Crystal Lacquer on the fungi caps and on the stars in the background.

I’m liking the slightly bigger format of the index cards compared to ATCs.

Romanesque bird ‘punked mixed media

IMG_0621

I’ve come to a standstill on this one.  I don’t think it’s finished but I don’t know what is missing.

The focal point is a small sketch I did of a Romanesque bird; I used coloured pencils on coloured paper followed by Pitt Artist pen.  I also ‘distressed’ it with Distress Inks and water spray.  It is a very, very sketchy drawing, but I feel I need to be a bit more confident in using my own drawings/art in such mixed media art.

I just don’t know what else this needs, though.  I’ve tried out the idea of using wire spirals wrapped with finer wire and beads, and that doesn’t feel it would work, not unless it’s one of the first things I make and use.  Flowers don’t work, neither does foliage…

So, I’ll leave it be for a while and come back to it at a later time…sometimes that’s the best thing to do.