This morning, I needed to have some calm and relaxed creating time.
I started by drawing a pencil grid of squares and triangles to work in. Next, a visit to TanglePatterns.com led me to the motifs, or fragments in Zentangle-speak, that I wanted to use.
The central motifs are a slight variation on Nayu by Eniko Kaneko CZT. This morning, I just couldn’t get the overlapping of the ‘ribbons’ right.
The triangle motifs around the edge are Caro by Lucy Farran CZT. This wasn’t the first choice. I had wanted to do a kind of triangle Celtic Knot, but again, I just couldn’t get it to work for me. Caro has worked out well, with the little flowers reminding me of spring violets.
• 4″ x 4″ grey Fabriano Tone Paper
• Tombow Fudenosuke pen, black
• Inktense pencils in Lagoon, Violet and Sun Yellow along with a damp brush
• White, grey and black pastel pencils with a paper stump / tortillon
• White Sakura Soufflé pen
• Purple and yellow Sakura Stardust pens
I especially needed some time with no pressure on me. Yesterday’s headache turned into a headache with a really upset stomach and I’m feeling fragile and still not right. So, it’s definitely going to be a quiet, easy day for me.