This morning I wanted to do something fairly simple, soothing and relaxing. So, I chose to look at some variations of a stylised flower motif.
The version I started with is in the centre bottom of the design.
I used various Distress Watercolour Pencils and a water brush to add colour.
The white and gold highlights and patterns were added using gold and white acrylic ink and a dip pen.
Finally, the more intense shade was added using a graphite pencil and a paper stump. I even put some graphite around the gold foliage surrounding the design.
Overall, I’m quite happy with this one. I like the mostly monochrome blue/teal colour scheme on the grey tile. I wasn’t sure bout the gold patterns, but now it’s finished, I think It’s turned out just fine.