I’ve been having a go at Amigurumi over the past week or two. This is my most complex and first almost complete project. The only thing missing is his mouth/expression.
I had a lot to learn and to work out. I can crochet simple afghan squares (granny squares), or a scarf made out of one stitch. But following crochet patterns has always been a problem for me, one I’ve failed at miserably. Keeping tension is another issue.
I fell in love with these cute amigurumi creatures while I was looking for a cuddly cuttlefish. So, I thought I’d have a go.
It’s given me something to do other than art all the time, something that’s a bit of a challenge.
Oh, there’s a few imperfect bits on my monster. His eyes are looking in different directions. The way I connected the left eyeball (as we look at it, the monster’s right eyeball) to it’s stalk has been done not very well. I managed to make the feet slightly different sizes. I think the imperfections make him a bit more of a quirky monster.
All the same it’s not bad for my first attempt at a proper amigurumi project.
I’m bound to do more … and I suspect I may have some requests to do them.
Oh, the pattern I used is in the book ‘Amigurumi Monsters) from Meteoor Books.