ABOUT EARTH DAY 2020 (from earthday.org):
April 22, 2020 marks 50 years of Earth Day. The first Earth Day sparked the passage in the U.S. of the Clean Air, Clean Water and Endangered Species Acts, and the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency.
The urgency has never been greater, and the stakes have never been higher – we are now in an environmental emergency and a climate breakdown. We have two crises: One is the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. The other is a slowly building disaster for our climate.
To meet this moment, we must build the largest, most diverse online mobilization in history in defense of the environment. Our world needs a united response for bold action.
- On Earth Day 2020, we say enough is enough.
- We say we believe in science. We say that everyone can make a difference.
- We say that the protection of our planet and the wellbeing of the people who live upon it are the top priorities.
- On Earth Day 2020, we say that we’re committing to vote, we’re registering to vote and we’re showing up to vote.
- Human health and planetary health are inextricably linked.
Will you join this global movement as we build toward the next half century of action for our planet?